According to a recent survey by the National Association of Home Builders, builders across the country are most likely to focus on “convenience, livability and energy efficiency” when constructing a typical single-family home today, because that is what new buyers are looking for. Beyond those big three features, plenty of other “practical and functional” amenities were cited by the builders in the survey as key selling points, which include the following:
• Open Concept Homes– New homes offer spacious, flowing floorplans and high ceilings that older houses don’t provide.
• Smaller Homes– Mansions are expensive to heat, cool and maintain. The wide array of new homes make it easy to find the size just right for you.
•Outdoor Living Spaces– The 2011 Design Driver Survey from AvidBuilder found that 31.4 percent of move-up buyers (people moving to a larger home) said they either must have or really want an outdoor fireplace.
• Neutral Décor– Best for selling a home.
• Modern Kitchens– The heart of every home. This is where new homes shine with the latest and greatest design, cabinets, countertops and lighting — to say nothing of state-of-the-art appliances.
• Going Green– The Home Energy Rating System (also known as a HERS Score) is an industry standard that rates the energy efficiency of homes. The lower the score, the more energy efficient the home. As the people behind HERS point out on their site, the U.S. Department of Energy has determined that a typical new home is 30 percent more energy efficient than a typical resale house.
• Linen Closets and Smart Storage Options– Simply compare the much larger walk-in closets of today’s new homes with the cramped closest of old homes.
• Energy-Efficient Fixtures and Appliances– Today’s new homes feature enormous energy efficiency in appliances, HVAC (heating, ventilation and cooling equipment) and throughout the house.
• Double Car Garage with Organized Work/Storage Space– Many builders also offer three-car garages (or larger) that offer enough storage space to make the man of the house grow weak in the knees.
With TREM Group Technology, you can showcase your listings and make your website stand out among the rest. No other company offers the experience and understanding of Miami Real Estate Marketing that we do. For more information on our services, call 305-705-5000.