IDX stands for “Internet Data Exchange” commonly called Broker Reciprocity. The next stage in the evolution of the MLS, IDX is the primary means of enhancing cooperation between realtors to facilitate the purchase and sale of real estate property. Anytime you see properties on a website that came from an MLS, it was made possible through IDX. Most real estate agents and brokers use IDX to simply display MLS listings or home search tools on their website, but as home buyers have become more Internet-savvy, IDX has evolved to encompass more. Agents today have the option to use basic home search tools provided by their MLS, or build more advanced IDX solutions.
TOP ADVANTAGES OF IDX REAL ESTATE SYSTEM:
- Realtors can fully market their services on the Internet.
- Realtors can obtain and maintain first contact with the consumer in the real estate transaction.
- Brokerage Web sites can become the best source of listing data and compete with other popular sites.
- Participating brokers may display more data fields (like square footage) than many current real estate Web sites are allowed to display.
- When consumers visit the web sites of reciprocal brokers, they will stay longer because the brokers have more real estate listing data to offer.
- As brokers become more innovative in offering online real estate services, listing displays will be a critical factor in their success.
At TREM Group, our IDX is updated three times each day and includes the latest in RETS technology, which includes detailed property reports, complete with active, closed, and pending sales. Additionally, our developers have combined advanced IDX systems with mapping technologies to create the best property maps in the industry. They allow users to search under several criteria — by street, by neighborhood, or by drawing an area on the map.
For more information on Miami Real Estate Marketing, contact TREM Group at 305-705-5000.